Saturday 14 October 2023

 Dear EX…

In shadows cast by love's deceit,

I pen this verse, my heart's defeat,

A wounded soul, once bound to you,

Now torn apart, our love askew.

 

We danced amidst the moonlit skies,

 In your arms, I felt so wise,

 But time revealed a different truth,

A love unbound, unraveled, uncouth.

 

You promised vows, you vowed to stay,

Yet, in your heart, you slipped away,

 Entangled in another's snare,

Leaving me with pain to bear.

 

Our love, once vibrant, now lies still,

Like autumn leaves upon the hill,

In every whispered, sweet refrain,

I feel the sting of love's disdain.

 

But I will rise from this abyss,

 Reclaim the love I dearly miss,

 For in my heart, a strength resides,

A phoenix from these ashes, I'll rise.

 

 

 

No longer bound by your deceit,

I'll find my path, my heart's heartbeat,

And though this wound may never mend,

I'll heal and love again, my friend.

 

So go, entangled in your fate,

I'll find a path, however late.

In healing's arms, I'll learn to mend,

And love anew, my heart will tend.

 

For in the depths of loss and strife,

I'll forge a new and hopeful life.

And as I rise from love's cruel sting,

I'll find my wings and learn to sing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment